Do you know about WCUW 91.3 FM, in Worcester, Massachusetts? Do you know about the Vegan Nation radio program hosted by Marlene Narrow every week?
Yes? Great resource right!
No? Keep reading…
Vegan Nation is a wonderful weekly program dedicated to vegan issues from a plethora of viewpoints. It airs every Friday from 12:30 pm to 1 pm (EST) on 91.3 FM radio in Massachusetts & worldwide at wcuw.org. Shows are archived at: wcuw.org/vegannation. It is hosted by the compassionate Marlene Narrow, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA.
Vegan Nation is one campaign of Vegans Rising. Vegans Rising represents activists who embody unconditional love & compassion – the foundation of Veganism.
- Is a group dedicated to helping children, men, and women draw the connection between veganism and a non-violent world and recognizes that carnism/herderism is the root of the interlocking forces that perpetuate violence against girls, boys, and women. (If you don’t know what carnism or herderism are please Google them or checkout, Melanie Joy and Will Tuttle.)
- Acknowledges that animal agriculture, especially in the egg and dairy industries, are exploitative. oppressive, unjust, and abusive to primarily females and their young offspring; and understands that these vibrations of violence, fear, oppression, exploitation, betrayal, and injustice, inevitably, boomerang back to womankind, psychologically, culturally, and physically throughout infinite space and time, generation after generation.
- Are activists who are trying to stop and finally end the cycles of violence.
In an effort to bring awareness to these issues Vegan Nation has hosted recently (just to name a few) the following vegan, humane, and compassionate leaders:
- Clifton Roberts, Humane Party Candidate for the U.S. Presidency.
- Will Tuttle, author of The World Peace Diet.
- Renee King-Sonnen and Laura Robinson Oatman, Rowdy Girl Animal Sanctuary.
- Lisa Kemmerer, professor of philosophy and religions at Montana State University Billings, a philosopher-activist working on behalf of nonhuman animals, the environment, and disempowered human beings.
- Sofia Pineda Ochoa, M.D., Meat Your Future
- Sandra Higgins, Founder & Director Eden Farmed Animal Sanctuary
- Anita Krajnc, Toronto, Canada, Vegan activist on trial for giving water to thirsty pigs trapped in slaughter truck. Founder of Toronto Pig Save.
I recently had the honor of being interviewed by Marlene Narrow, on October 14, 2016. We discussed my vegan journey and first book: The Buddha, The Vegan and You. The interview lasted 30 minutes and can be found here.
Thank you Marlene for the opportunity, for all you do for the animals, planet and people who inhabit this beautiful earth.
Resources and links: